I don’t know about you, but there are some pretty exciting reading challenges happening this last week of July!
24 in 48 is the first, and it runs for only 48 hours starting at midnight EST on July 20th. There are challenges and prizes and a whole community including hundreds of other readers! This crazy contest invites people all over the world to try and read as many hours as they can in 48 hours, hoping to reach their goal of spending HALF of those reading. WOW. This will be my first time participating and, though my weekend isn’t completely free of other responsibilities, I’m hoping to make a good dent in this stack!
The second read-a-thon that I’m participating in this month is Reading Rush 2019! Formerly “Booktubeathon,” this event runs the last week of July from the 22nd to the 28th. This week is somewhat geared toward the gigantic bookish community on YouTube, but it’s just as fun and accessible to us non-tubers (is that a word??) as well. I’m planning on taking on the challenges here on my blog with you guys!
This years challenges are:
- Read a book with purple on the cover.
- Read a book in the same spot the entire time.
- Read a book you meant to read last year.
- Read an author’s first book.
- Read a book with a non-human main character.
- Read a book that has more than five words in the title.
- Read and watch a book to movie/tv adaptation.
And that’s it, friends! I’m so excited to join in on TWO fun reading challenges for the first time, its gonna be one hell of a week. ❤