Top 10 Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I am so excited to participate in Top 10 Tuesday for the first time! I love books and making lists, so this ought to be fun.
This week’s topic is “Top 10 Books From My Favorite Genre.”
I wanted to pick so many different genres that I love, but ultimately I chose Fantasy. I’ve been reading Fantasy since I was a kid and it’s probably what I listen to and seek out most consistently. There’s something about faraway worlds and astounding powers and magical adventures that has always called to me.
For starters, I could not choose favorite books within most of these series, so I just put the series on the list. Some of these are listed because I’ve read them recently and they were amazing and some are old childhood favorites, full of sentimental love. All of them have made me laugh, cry, and want to throw things. I’d recommend any single one of them.
So here are ten of my favorites, in no particular order:
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
- The Saga series by Brian K. Vaughn
- The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
- Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
- The Daughter of the Lioness duology by Tamora Pierce
- Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Tell me your favorites! If you had to pick a genre, which would be your top choice?